SPANK CHEEKS

Thursday, November 30, 2006

DAVE COCKRUM LIVED HIS DREAM

X-Men illustrator Dave Crockum died peacefully Sunday evening in his home. CNN reports:

Wearing Superman pajamas and covered with his Batman blanket, comic book illustrator Dave Cockrum died Sunday.
The 63-year-old overhauled the X-Men comic and helped popularize the relatively obscure Marvel Comics in the 1970s. He helped turn the title into a publishing sensation and major film franchise.

Cockrum died in his favorite chair at his home in Belton, South Carolina, after a long battle with diabetes and related complications, his wife Paty Cockrum said Tuesday. At Cockrum's request, there will be no public services and his body will be cremated, according to Cox Funeral Home. His ashes will be spread on his property. A family friend said he will be cremated in a Green Lantern shirt.
I know. You expect me to tear into a grown man for wearing Superman pj’s, and covered in his Batman blanket. But if you knew me, you’d know I have a very special fondness for those of the “geek” persuasion. And the way I see it, if you can live your life doing what you love, living your passion and seeing it through to the end, then you have lived well. And when we come to the end of our rainbows, may the rest of us be so lucky as to see our dreams come to fruition and then die peacefully in our sleep, at home, in our favorite chair.

Rock on, Dave.

13 Comments:

Blogger Walrus Gumboot said...

I really don't know who Dave Crockum is, other than what was said in your excellent write up about him.

I'll just say... Rest In Peace

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Dragulf said...

Superman and Batman are not a part of Marvel comics. The old fart was a traitor!


P.S. Green Lantern, ya fucking MORON! Take the freaking battery for your ring WITH YOU!

4:19 AM  
Blogger Zanna said...

I JUST woke up and man, Dragulf you are one cranky bastard to wake up to you know it? LOL.

But hey, Dra..I bet you don't masturbate to the same picture EVERY time...right? I bet it's kind of like that.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Italian Stallion said...

I was never in to comics, but I did enjoy the write up also..........

10:39 AM  
Blogger Italian Stallion said...

Dragulf is pissed because on "Turkey Day", he has ham.........

10:48 AM  
Blogger Zanna said...

LOL..you are on FIYAAAH today, Stallion!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Dragulf said...

Cranky? Nah, I was just on a 5 day without sleep binge. I finally bought some sleeping pills so I am all better now.

And yes Stallion, we had ham again :)

8:27 PM  
Blogger Zanna said...

How come you aren't sleeping? I was having that same problem two weeks ago and the doctor gave me Ambien. I stopped taking it though.

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Dragulf said...

I get insomnia sometimes. I bought some generic sleep aid from Fry's and I slept for 6 hours so far.
Sorry if I seemed cranky. Bad Ham maybe?

1:32 AM  
Blogger Italian Stallion said...

They say that the L-tryptophan in turkey makes you sleepy, maybe next year you leave the fucking pig alone, and kill yourself a bird.........

I'm just saying........


P.S. I thought that message on the Granny's was fucking hilarious. "I eat Ham" *pause* "Bye"

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Dragulf said...

I actually had a nice long message but I forgot what I was going to say so I just said Bye.

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a lot of classic x-men and knew him that way....he was a bad ass

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

data entry free from home work

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home