SPANK CHEEKS

Thursday, November 16, 2006

THE WORLD MUSIC AWARDS



Lindsay Lohan hosted The World Music Awards last night. The “world” awards were only televised in the UK. The rest of the world doesn’t get to see it until the 23rd of November. According to the website, these awards are voted on by the public via album sales as opposed to an industry panel. Which is cool but I hope they included Ipod downloads otherwise I didn’t get to vote.

World’s Best Pop Artist: Madonna (there must be more gay guys out there than we thought if this is based on album sales)
World’s Best Pop/Rock Artist: Nelly Furtado
World’s Best Rock Group: Nickelback
Word’s Best R&B Artist: Beyonce
World’s Best Rap/Hip Hop Artist: Kanye West (happy now, Kanye?)
World’s Best Latin Artist: Shakira
World’s Best DJ: Bob Sinclair
World’s Best New Artist: James Blunt

Michael Jackson won the Diamond Award. They give that to the world’s most creative pedophiles. It was also a celebration of the 25th anniversary of Thriller. Which seemed like just the other day, so if you’ll excuse me, I need to go put on some more Regenerist.

Happy Anniversary Thriller Video. You're still pretty good. And compared to today, MJ seems normal.


4 Comments:

Blogger Italian Stallion said...

Is it weird to have watched the whole thing and still think it's a pretty fucking cool video?

What ever happened to THAT dude?

12:10 AM  
Blogger Zanna said...

No, I thought it was good too..and I watched some of his other videos on YouTube and thought, "man, that guy was SO talented"...and now look.

Kind of like Chris Farley. I can't tell you how much that bothered me! Wait, I just did!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Italian Stallion said...

Sorry, you put up a website with more pictures. I checked out the whole story last night..........

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the awards will air in the uk on wednesday 22nd.It was never scheduled to air live.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home